Wednesday, May 25, 2011

i thought it was game over ....

It's a typical day off. I'm out running errands while the kids are at school. As I leave Target, with more stuff I didn't even need, a loud siren goes off ... I think to myself 'no fucken way that's what I think it is!?' ... but what I feared the most was confirmed as I looked up. It was a huge round ball of firey red orange and yellow. I couldn't tell exactly what it was but whatever it was was so close it looked like it was already in our atmosphere.
People all around are screaming and crying. I'm in shock. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Please tell me I'm dreaming! I'm frozen, standing there like a lost child when two strangers grab me and we huddle. We closed our eyes so tight ... as if not seeing it coming will make it less painful, but it didn't. When I closed my eyes all I saw were my kids faces. I knew I was never going to see them again, never hold them or get to tell them how much they mean to me .... "I love you Adriana! I love you Jonathan! I love you Jocelyn!" I am crying like a baby. I hear a loud grumbling noise ... the ground begins to tremble so hard. I can hear car alarms go off and the store windows shatter ....

♪ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough to keep me from getting to ...♪

My alarm goes off and I wake up ... the tears are still running down my face but I'm relieved it was just a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment